PVTIME – On 16 August 2023, the U.S. International Trade Commission (USITC) announced that it has issued a final Part 337 determination in the investigation of certain photovoltaic connectors and components thereof, Inv. No. 337-TA-1365. The Initial Determination (No. 5) issued by the Administrative Law Judge in this case on 18 July 2023 was not reviewed, which is consistent with the applicant’s proposal to complete the investigation. The investigation period of 17 months will end on 12 November 2024.
On 5 June 2023, the USITC decided to initiate an investigation into certain photovoltaic connectors and components thereof. The products subject to the investigation are described in the Commission’s Notice of Initiation.
The investigation is based on a complaint filed by Shoals Technologies Group, LLC, of Portland, TN, on 4 May 2023 and amended on 12 May 2023. The complaint alleges violations of Section 337 of the Tariff Act of 1930 with respect to the importation into the United States and sale of certain photovoltaic connectors and components thereof that infringe patents asserted by the complainant (U.S. Registered Patent No. 11,689,153). The complainant requests that the USITC issue a permanent limited exclusion order and permanent cease and desist orders.
The USITC has identified the following respondents in this investigation:
- Hikam America, Inc., of Chula Vista, CA;
- Hikam Electrónica de México, S.A. de C.V., of Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico;
- Hikam Tecnologia de Sinaloa, of Guasave, Sinaloa, Mexico;
- Hewtech Philippines Corp. of Laguna, Philippines;
- Hewtech Philippines Electronics Corp. of Bundagul Mabalacat, Pampanga, Philippines;
- Hewtech (Shenzhen) Electronics Co., Ltd., of Shenzhen, China;
- Voltage, LLC, of Chapel Hill, NC; and
- Ningbo Voltage Smart Production Co. of Ningbo, China.