Q CELLS will release its next generation Q.PEAK DUO-G7 solar module, which applies Q CELLS’ advanced Q.ANTUM DUO and 12-bus bar technologies, at the large scale solar trade show in Shanghai, China. Other Q.ANTUM DUO module highlights include a glimpse at the Q.PEAK DUO L-G5.3/BF glass-glass bifacial module and the Q.ANTUM DUO-G6, which is made using larger wafers for higher power output.
Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd. (“Q CELLS” or “the Company”) announced today that it will once again participate at the SNEC 2019 PV POWER EXPO, the largest solar trade show in the world, which will be held in China from June 4 to 6, 2019. Q CELLS will exhibit at booth N1-510 a broad range of Q.ANTUM DUO solar modules at the expo, which is renowned for gathering together the industry’s latest technologies, extensive solar products, and integrated PV solutions from all around the world.
The Chinese solar industry continues to exert a substantial amount of influence on the international solar landscape, helping to cement SNEC’s position as the industry’s foremost solar power event. Immediately after last year’s show, the Chinese National Energy Administration (NEA) announced the 531 policy, which undoubtedly jolted the PV industry. The implementation of the 531 policy indicates the acceleration and determination of China’s grid parity process, which many expect will have a significant impact on the global industry.
However, China still managed to install 44.26 GW of new solar capacity in 2018 according to Bloomberg New Energy Finance (BNEF). This figure, while below initial expectations, still represented approximately 40% of all PV installations for the year. In 2019, the country is forecast to maintain a high volume of PV installations, thanks to the solar FIT preliminary issued by China’s National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC).
Q CELLS continues to deliver superior quality to China with the Q.PEAK DUO-G7
At SNEC, Q CELLS will introduce the Company’s next-generation product, the Q.PEAK DUO-G7 solar module, which applies 12-bus bar technology with Q CELLS’ proprietary Q.ANTUM DUO technology. This module delivers outstanding and enduring high performance. The 120 half-cell product can reach a power output of up to 335 Wp as well as an efficiency rate of up to 20.2%. The larger 144 half-cell version can produce up to 405 Wp power output, with an efficiency rate of up to 20.3%. The superior Q.PEAK DUO-G7 series is an ideal solution for all types of solar applications, from residential and commercial and industrial (C&I) to the utility sector.
Q CELLS’ Q.ANTUM and Q.ANTUM DUO Technology
Q.ANTUM technology is Q CELLS’ premium technology brand. The Company’s patent-protected and unique passivation technology is a key ingredient in our Q.ANTUM modules. Additional cutting-edge technological and security features of Q.ANTUM Technology include excellent Anti-LID (light induced degradation) and Anti-PID (potential induced degradation) performance, as well as Hot-Spot Protect and traceable quality with Tra.Q Laser Identification, to protect against counterfeiting. Q.ANTUM DUO technology adopts these characteristics in a half-cell architecture, complete with innovative wiring interconnection.
Q.ANTUM and Q.ANTUM DUO technology ensures that Q CELLS’ modules are able to achieve remarkable output in performance and quality. This pioneering technology is also a firm market favorite, and Q CELLS earlier this month surpassed the production volume threshold of 15 GW of Q.ANTUM solar cells and modules since first commercializing this technology in 2012. This milestone demonstrates Q CELLS’ leadership position in the area of PERC-based technology.
Besides the Q.PEAK DUO-G7, Q CELLS will also present a number of other advanced Q.ANTUM DUO products at SNEC. The Q CELLS booth (N1-510) will include a prototype of the Q.PEAK DUO L-G5.3/BF – a bifacial, glass-glass monocrystalline solar module, as well as the Q.PEAK DUO-G6, which is manufactured with larger wafers for a power increase of around 6%. Also on display will be the Q.PEAK DUO BLK-G5 all black solar module and the Q.PLUS DUO RSF L-G5.3, which is a multi-crystalline half-cell solar module with an innovative steel frame.
Q CELLS product and booth highlights at SNEC 2019
- Q.PEAK DUO-G5: Q.ANTUM DUO Technology-based monocrystalline half-cell module. Power ratings of up to 335 Wp and efficiency of up to 20.2% for lowest LCOE, Winner of Intersolar Award 2018.
- Q.PEAK DUO BLK-G5: Boasts an outstanding all-black visual appearance and power ratings of up to 320 Wp. Based on Q.ANTUM DUO Technology and half-cut monocrystalline cells.
- Q.PEAK DUO-G6: Q.ANTUM DUO Technology-based monocrystalline half-cell module manufactured using larger M4 wafers to deliver power ratings of up to 355 Wp.
- Q.PEAK DUO-G7: Next-generation half-cell monocrystalline solar module manufactured by Q CELLS using patent-protected passivation technology, a key ingredient of Q.ANTUM.
- Q.PEAK DUO L-G5.3/BF: A bifacial, glass-glass monocrystalline half-cell module with very high module efficiency of close to 20%, and a bifacial energy yield gain of up to 20%.
- Q.PLUS DUO RSF L-G5.3: Q.ANTUM DUO Technology-based multi-crystalline half-cell module, using reinforced steel frame, specially designed for large-ground mounted PV stations.
- Production Presentation: The New Q.PEAK DUO-G7: Tuesday, June 4 at 14:00 (Booth N1-510).
- Vibrant video screens showcasing the Company’s vision and latest products.